Integrative Health Coach Professional Training
Founded in 2000, Duke Integrative Medicine has developed an Integrative Health Coach Professional Training uniquely based in many years of clinical experience and research with thousands of patients and clients. The Integrative Health Coach Professional Training was formally launched in August 2008 as a key component of the transformation of healthcare.
If you're a medical or allied health professional looking to develop your capacity to help others attain their maximum level of health and wellness, Duke Integrative Medicine's Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program could be the ideal choice for you.
What is Integrative Health Coaching?
An exciting initiative designed to teach participants to work as integrative health coaches, this professional training program:
- Promotes an understanding of the integrative health care model
- Develops effective health coaching skills for individuals and groups
- Enhances participants' skill sets, knowledge, and professional marketability
Integrative Health Coaches
- Help people clarify their health goals, and implement and sustain behaviors, lifestyles, and attitudes that are conducive to optimum health
- Guide people in their personal care and health-maintenance activities
- Assist people in reducing the negative impact of chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Learn From the Leaders
Duke's Integrative Health Coach Professional Training is based on many years of clinical experience and research. In fact, the leaders who helped establish the field of integrative health coaching are the same professionals who lead our program modules.
Steps to Becoming an Integrative Health Coach
Duke Integrative Medicine offers two courses in order to receive training as an Integrative Health Coach. All participants must first start with our Foundation course. This course occurs primarily on-site at Duke Integrative Medicine through multi-day modules spaced out over several months. Following the Foundation course, participants have the option to move on to our Certification course. The certification course primarily occurs telephonically and online and takes several months to complete. You can plan to spend a minimum of one year to complete both the Foundation and Certification programs.
CEUs Available: By participating in the Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program you can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).