Integrative Health Coach Professional Training
If you are a medical or allied health professional looking to develop your capacity to help others attain their maximum level of health and wellness, Duke Integrative Medicine's Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program could be the ideal choice for you.
CEUs Available: By participating in the Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program's Foundation Course you can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to Download the Application. Click to go to the Adobe site and download the latest version.
What is Integrative Health Coaching?
An exciting initiative designed to teach participants to work as integrative health coaches, this professional training program:
- Promotes an understanding of the integrative health care model
- Develops effective health coaching skills for individuals and groups
- Enhances participants' skill sets, knowledge, and professional marketability
Integrative Health Coaches:
- Help people clarify their health goals, and implement and sustain behaviors, lifestyles, and attitudes that are conducive to optimum health
- Guide people in their personal care and health-maintenance activities
- Assist people in reducing the negative impact of chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Learn From the Leaders
Duke's Integrative Health Coach Professional Training is based on many years of clinical experience and research. In fact, the leaders who helped establish the field of integrative health coaching are the same professionals who lead our course modules.
About the Curriculum
The Foundation course provides extensive training in the core competencies required of integrative health coaches. The course consists of a series of educational modules delivered over several months, with breaks in between modules for participants to practice the skills they've learned. Those who successfully complete all modules and course requirements of the Foundation Course will earn a Certificate of Completion.
During the Foundation Course, participants will:
- Learn integrative health coaching skills for individuals and groups and have the opportunity to practice these skills with one another.
- Develop personalized health plans for themselves and incorporate the plans into their own lives.
- Gain an understanding of integrative medicine, the Wheel of Health, mindfulness, the science of behavior change, personalized health planning and learn how to incorporate these foundational elements into coaching practices that motivate others to adopt behaviors necessary to achieve optimal health and wellness.
- Learn about key components that make up a healthy lifestyle, mind-body-spirit modalities, and the core components of complementary medicine.
- Explore marketing opportunities and ways to develop a client base.
To best accommodate the schedules of working adults, we offer the modules from mid-week through the weekend, with each module consisting of 25-30 hours of in-person, classroom, experiential learning. All training is delivered at the state-of-the-art Duke Integrative Medicine facility, located on the beautiful Duke University campus in Durham, North Carolina. Between modules, participants will complete approximately 2-3 hours of distance learning each week. This includes viewing online presentations and practicing building skills through weekly triad phone calls. The course website offers a discussion forum to further enhance the distance learning process.
Apply Today! Now accepting applications for the 2013 programs.
Enrollment in the Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program Foundation Course is limited, so we encourage you to apply and register early. Anticipate three weeks from the date of submission for your application to be reviewed.
Call 1-866-313-0959 toll-free for further information and to register.
The course registration fee is $5,595. The fee for those who register by the noted early registration deadline is $5,035. Standard Duke Integrative Medicine cancellation policies apply.
Cohort 15 | Registration Closed
January 15 - 19: Module 1 (Tuesday - Saturday)
February 27 - March 2: Module 2 (Wednesday - Saturday)
April 10 - 13: Module 3 (Wednesday - Saturday)
Cohort 16 | Registration Closed
April 16 - 20: Module 1 (Tuesday - Saturday)
June 5 - 8: Module 2 (Wednesday - Saturday)
July 17 - 20: Module 3 (Wednesday - Saturday)
Cohort 17 | Early registration deadline: June 3, 2013
July 9 - 13: Module 1 (Tuesday - Saturday)
August 21 - 24: Module 2 (Wednesday - Saturday)
October 2 - 5: Module 3 (Wednesday - Saturday)
Cohort 18 | Early registration deadline: September 30, 2013
October 22 - 26: Module 1 (Tuesday - Saturday)
December 4 - 7: Module 2 (Wednesday - Saturday)
January 15 - 18: Module 3 (Wednesday - Saturday)
Please Note: The Integrative Health Coach Professional Training fills well in advance of the Early Registration date.
For specific questions or concerns, Click Here to contact the Duke Integrative Medicine program coordinator.
By participating in the Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program you can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education &Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of Authorized Provider status, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is authorized to offer IACET CEUís for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.