Changing from Within: Mindful Eating
Mindfulness Practices for Achieving & Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Research demonstrates that a mindfulness approach to eating results in healthier eating patterns. Join the expert practitioners at Duke Integrative Medicine for an eight-session course on this innovative approach to weight management.
When you bring close attention to your mind, body and behaviors, you begin to observe the subtleties of your eating patterns. The information, skills training, and group support of this program will guide you in making lifestyle changes that will help you respond in a healthier way, resulting in a healthy weight that you can maintain over time. During this course you will explore themes such as:
- Developing a personal mindfulness practice
- Becoming aware of body signals regarding food
- Guided practices in mindful eating
- Experiencing emotional states and healthy options for dealing with them
- Exploring non-hunger eating, urges, and cravings
- Healthy responses to food triggers
- Clarifying values and setting effective goals
- Recovering from setbacks and strategies for continued success
Julie Kosey, MS, PCC, RYT
Mindfulness Teacher and Integrative Health Coach
Julie teaches mindfulness and provides integrative health coaching services for Duke Integrative Medicine, eliciting an approach to health behavior change that taps into the innate wisdom of participants. She has been supporting people with healthy approaches to weight loss for 20+ years and has experience teaching mindful eating for community and corporate sectors.